Assistant Branch Manager Job at Bank of George – Nevada Las Vegas, NV
Full Job Description
The Assistant Manager assists the Branch Manager with the administration and efficient daily operation of a full service branch office, including operations, product sales, customer service, and security and safety in accordance with the Bank’s objectives. Provides a superior level of customer relations and promotes the sales and service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation. Assists the Branch Manager in attaining established Bank and branch goals through active participation in sales management and officer call programs.
Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- Upholds, at all times, the Bank’s Core Values of: Integrity, Respect, Positive Attitude, Empowerment, Accountability, and Excellence.
- Delivers on the Bank’s tagline of “Your Best Banking Experience – Ever!” by reinforcing the application of superior customer service through own example along with appropriate follow through with involved customers and employees.
- Reinforces the application of superior customer service through his or her example along with appropriate follow through with involved customers and employees; conducts specific periodic meetings and presentations on this topic with all staff members.
- Provides coaching and support to bankers as it relates to new account process. Meets with customers to discuss needs or concerns that need management attention.
- Ensures organization of the branch, coordinating available resources (e.g., staff, materials, etc.) for maximum results. Resources to include all departments within the bank.
- Assists with audit compliance and procedure quality control and initiates corrective actions as directed by supervisor; ensures that the branch is in compliance with established Bank policies, procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Works closely with the Branch Manager and assists in resolving inquiries and providing managerial support. Serves as on duty manager when the Branch Manager is out of the office.
- Maintains knowledge of security and safety policies and strictly adheres to established procedures. Ensures operations team is also knowledgeable regarding security and safety policies.
- Participates and assists in the day to day operations for the branch; approves large deposits and withdrawals; reviews and acts on daily reports; ensures the branch is maintained in a neat, clean and organized manner.
- Consistently applies effective decision making techniques pertaining to inquiries, approvals and requests as they apply to existing policies and procedures, keeping within assigned approval limits and using these instances as learning tools for employee development.
- Supports Branch Manager with special projects; gathering data and prepares reports as needed.
- Plays a positive role in the development and growth of assigned branch staff through strong communication skills, both verbal and written, along with effective delegation skills assuring a highly cross trained staff.
- Assists Branch Manager with the supervision of the daily activities of the branch.
- Supports the team with processes, assists the team with solving and answering complex customer transactions, problems or inquiries.
- Operates computer terminal to process account activity, determine balances and resolve problems within given authority.
- Answers telephones, answers questions and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
- Assumes responsibility for various branch functions in the absence of staff members or in overload situations.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and in a timely manner; supports the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the Bank through outside activities.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
The position of Assistant Manager performs duties specific to the position and other functions as assigned.
The position of Assistant Manager is responsible for the supervision of 5 or more employee(s), and normally carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank’s policies and applicable laws, ensuring adherence to EEO guidelines.
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY:
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to speak, read and write in the English language, listen, lift (up to 20 pounds), bending, stooping or standing as needed.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to accommodate to reading documents or instruments, detailed work, problem solving, customer contact, reasoning, math, language, presentations, verbal and written communication, analytical reasoning, stress, multiple concurrent tasks, and constant interruptions.
- High School diploma or GED and 3 years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience must consist of banking industry experience.
- Intermediate experience, knowledge and training in management and supervisory activities.
- Intermediate knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, Bank operational policies and procedures, and the Bank’s products and services.
- Demonstrated ability to cross-sell and explain all Bank products and services with confidence and authority.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to provide leadership, supervision and training for 2 or more employees using positive supervisory techniques to ensure maximum productivity; demonstrated ability in organization and delegation skills.
- Basic skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
- Basic typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Intermediate math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Thorough understanding of management procedures; ability to plan department or Bank activities (setting objectives, developing strategies, budgeting, and developing policies and procedures); initiative to organize various functions necessary to accomplish department or Bank activities; effectively staff (selecting, training and developing employees); directing employees towards the desired objectives (delegating, motivating, resolving problems); controlling the function (developing performance standards, measuring results, taking corrective action and rewarding employees as appropriate).
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
- Current Nevada driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
About Bank of George – Nevada:
We began in 2007 as “Bank of George” when we opened our Las Vegas bank locations. George Washington’s legacy is one of strong leadership, integrity, and dedication to community. As our foremost founding father, our namesake started something great back then. We believed a small community bank better served the needs of our clients in Southern Nevada. Though we have grown and now lend to businesses in more than 30 states, we still maintain two local branches and provide a high level of customized service to all our clients. GBank Financial Holdings Inc. (OTCQX: GBFH) is the parent company for Bank of George – Now GBank. GBank conducts business nationally through its SBA lending activities and BankCard Services, LLC (“BCS”) partnership. Launched in 2016, our FinTech Gaming Division is powering Sightline Payments Play+ Solution (https://sightlinepayments.com/) for seamless and secure pay and play that enables cashless, mobile commerce solutions for gaming, lottery, and sports betting ecosystems. This positions GBank as a financial leader in this new payments world. GBank also provides general commercial banking services with an emphasis on serving the needs of small and medium-sized businesses, high net worth individuals, professionals, and investors. The Bank offers a full complement of consumer deposit products and is focused on delivering a premium level of service.
About the Company
Company: Bank of George – Nevada
Company Location: Las Vegas, NV